Friday, May 4, 2012

Can PCI video cards be installed on a motherboard that has an AGP slot?

I have a computer with a AGP video card already installed, but am looking for a secondary video card am I am able to install a PCI video card on my motherboard? Any information to help shed light would be great.



Best Regards|||You can if you have a pci slot.You can only use 1 graphics card at a time though.|||If you are wanting to bridge them to get more memory for graphics, I don't believe you can. You can have SLI configurations but I think all ports have to be the same. AGP, PCI, or PCI-e.|||As long as it is not a pci express card. I have not seen an AGP board that had pci express on it at the same time. If the card is just a PCI, then more than likely you have a few on your MB. I dont think you will find too many pci video cards out there, unless there older models. Check the box, a pci express is usually labeled PCI-X, or PCI-Express

No comments:

Post a Comment