Thursday, April 26, 2012

Can I install 2 PCI and 1 PCI 16x video cards in the same machine?

I have a Dell E520 which I want to do a multi-seat setup. It has two PCI slots and a PCI 16x slot. Can I mix the video cards up: install 2 PCI cards and also use the PCI 16x slot?|||If you mean you are going to have all 3 expansion ports used, then yes.



However what you mean by mutli-seat. I am guessing you want a single computer to act like 3 to 6 different computer without using proprietary third-party devices.

Well you can do that, but not on windows or mac operating systems. I have only seen this easily done on a Linux-based OS using userfull multiplier. It is free for a 2 pc setup, but from 3 to 10 it costs about 100 dollars I think.



Info here: http://www2.userful.com/products/userful…

No comments:

Post a Comment