Monday, April 23, 2012

Best single slot PCI express video cards?

I understand that for a full upgrade, I'll need a whole new system. However, I can't afford that at this time. I do think that I can manage a few hundred dollars for a new card and power supply.



I know that there are multiple types of video cards on the market, and I have a single PCI express slot and am looking to update my video card. (Stupid integrated video cards.) What are the best video cards out there which only utilize a single slot as my board only has one available for use.



Also, what is the suggested power supply rating as I'll probably also need to update my power supply to get the new card to work. My current power supply is only rated at 300 watts.|||well you'll have to do the research yourself but here is a mini guide



you can calculate your power supply needs here



http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalcul…



all single cards only plug into one actual slot. some big cards will be physically wider though. there width makes them take up the space of 2 addin cards but they only plug into one slot on your mother board.



if you need a true single slot card that only occupies the space of one slot IE no big fans or cooling housing...etc...



I think that the geforce 9800 GT is your best bet...I cant think of a card that is faster and only occupies one space...



coincedentally I use a 9800 GT and my power supply is Antec 480watt which runs things so far without any issues for 3+ years so far!!|||so you mean the best video card that only takes the physical space of one pci card.... or only occupies one pci-e slot on the board.



if you have only one pci-e slot but the pci slot under it is unoccupied then you can get any of the new ati/nvidia cards... for single video cards you generally only need 600w max and they all seem to come with the 8pin connector needed for the newer cards.



if there is only enough space in the machine for a small video card, then im sure the one to other guy mentioned if fine.|||Nvidia G-Force 295 GTX it needs more power than your power supply has available so maybe a Radeon 4770 if you can find one, you'll still need to upgrade your power supply.|||Hand down on the Geforce 9800gt, but recommend a 450watt PSU..|||I'd recommend a GeForce 9800GT. I think they can run with about 400watts

No comments:

Post a Comment